Kildonan Lodge Hotel is committed to sustainable tourism and to reducing our environmental impact on the local area and community.
We aim to operate in a manner that makes a positive contribution to the natural, social and cultural environment.
We are focused on operating in ways that reduce our environmental impact and ensures the protection of Kildonan Lodge for future generations.
Actions to date:
We have implemented the following measures to conserve resources and run a more eco-friendly hotel:
- We meet and wherever possible exceed all environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- We have taken steps to minimise waste and increase recycling throughout the Kildonan and now recycle 40% of all waste including glass, plastic bottles, paper, cardboard, and ink cartridges.
- We source local food and drinks suppliers whenever possible
- All radiators have adjustable thermostats
- We encourage guests staying for more than one night to place towels in the bath if they would like them changed every day so that our housekeepers do not change these unnecessarily.
- We have switched to low energy light bulbs in all our public areas and will be moving to low energy throughout the hotel. These will be replaced with LED.
- We do not keep lights on during the day when all our guests are out and ask our guests to please turn all electrical appliances of before leaving for the day.
- We always welcome our guest’s suggestions on how we can improve and be more environmentally friendly.